A New Beginning

ורדים הם אדומים ,סיגליות הן כחולות, אני בכיתה הזאת , אה נהדר, אתה גם

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Who Am I as a Consumer of Information


During my early existence as a child I was very much exposed to a lot of things because I had a very open minded family. I pretty much had very little restrictions to the things I could listen to or watch. Being a kid, my two brothers and I loved watching such epic shows such as Pinky and the Brain, Roadrunner, The Adams Family, Power Rangers, Pokemon, Digimon, WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment), et cetera. Also, ever since I was really young, (the saying like father like son) I was always a movie junkie, just like my Dad. Tapes, Laser Discs, VCD’s, DVD’s; the forms of mediums a movie could be watched back then. Action movies, Comedy, Cartoons, Musicals, Thrillers, Animations, and tons of other film genres that I have failed to mention was just a daily routine for me. The only thing my mum would keep tabs on would be movies that had nude scenes in it (Haven’t hit puberty just yet). She would usually sit down and watch movies with us and if there were any scenes she’d find inappropriate, she’d cover our eyes with pillows; asking dad to fast forward to the next scene.
 I would say that I am quite lucky because I was exposed to the world at a very young age (even though I don’t have a great memory of my childhood). I used to travel since I was 2 years old (London, Scotland, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, etc.) and was exposed to the world we live in; seeing a lot of different cultures and different people. Also the differences of the places we live in, compared to others.
One of the main cultures perhaps that opened my eyes was Music. Till now, it is still plays a very important part in my life. My dad, also a big music fan, exposed me to such musical inspirations such as Deep Purple, The Eagles, Police, The Beatles, Santana, Metallica, Bob Marley, The Gypsy Kings and countless of other singers and bands that have really opened my eyes with the different lyrics they write and sing, the different music genres they play, and the emotions they put in each song. I am a contrasted person when it comes to music, having a bit of a musical background myself. I enjoyed being exposed to tons of music because at my age now, I enjoy Christian songs, as I do Death metal. I love listening to Rock (Yes, I’m a rocker), as I also love listening to Reggae. You get what I mean right?
            I was born into a Catholic family, being baptized at birth. Much of the things that we were allowed to do in life we’re mostly based on the guidelines of my faith. Since I was a kid, I admit that I am always the rebel; trying to go against other people and against other things. After the passing of my mother at age 11, I was out of control (My dad being a man with pride just couldn’t bear taking care of us monsters). Yes, I managed to score A’s in my exams (Being a bright student since young; not to brag) but from then on I had to be independent and I had complete control over what I exposed myself to. Played online games, involved myself in a rock band, started working since I was 13, experimented with alcohol since age 13, ventured into network marketing, got into a communications college
(One of the main skills I excel in) and tons of other things that I had exposed myself to. I am not much a holy person, but I still am connected to my faith.  My transition from every stage of my life has been interesting, but now I’d like to think that I have a much broader perspective in life; having been very much exposed to the world.


Yours truly ,
..JP.

No comments:

Post a Comment